Keep Your Credit Card Company
MS2320 SCANNER AND ECR WEIGHT SCALE SETUP
Serial Port Interface for the MS2320 integrated scale:
These general instructions and practices are referencing the Metrologic Stratos Series integrated in counter scanner scales. Other scanner / scales are supported that use dual cables and NCI ECR scale protocols. Plexis POS supports many Stand Alone and Integrated Weight Scales connected to an RS232C Serial Port. Use a true RS232C Serial Port Adapter. Many Consumer based home computers that customers try to use in a business environment do not come standard with genuine RS232C serial ports. USB serial ports are not true RS232C. USB to Serial Port converters tend to truncate data depending on the driver and chip set. If you use a USB to Serial converter make sure that it supports true RS232C standards, otherwise the weight scale may not work properly.
Point of Sale Business Computers are typically designed to have genuine RS232C serial ports installed and will work perfectly with our supported ECR weight scales.
MS2320 Scanner / Scale Hardware Requirements:
1. Plexis POS Supports many Scanner and Scale Models using the NCI Scale Protocol.
2. DUAL Cables are required, one for the scale and one for the Scanner.
3. The Scale uses a standard RS232 Serial cable. The Scanner can be Keyboard, USB or Serial.
4. These examples are specific to the Metrologic MS 2x2x Series in counter Scanner / Scales.
5. MS2320 Stratos Dual Cable Scanner Scale Setup Sheet. (click here)
6. Scanners using RS232 Serial Ports Require Barcode Wedge Software at: http://keyinjector.com/barcodewedgehome.html
* Single Cable Scanner / Scale interfaces are NOT supported.
Consult our Supported Hardware page for details HERE.
Setting Up the MS2320 Weight Scale:
Test the weight scale through the Plexis POS interface by choosing from the Main System Menu: Utilities, Diagnostics then Weight Scale. Configure the Weight Scale port so that it matches the proper Serial Port Number. Press F2 and verify you have had a successful test. Once tested choose Save.
Plexis Software Systems does not sell or support computer systems, networks POS Peripherals or any other hardware.
We can provide support for our software applications only.
POS Hardware Suggestion List (click here)
Downloads and Upgrades
Restaurant POS Software | Pizza POS Software | Coffee Shop POS Software
Grocery Store POS Software | Convenience Store POS Software
Retail POS Software | Liquor Store POS Software
Cafe and Deli POS Software | EBT / Snap and Food Stamp POS Software
Frequently Asked Questions
Our 30 Day Refund Policy