Use your own Credit Card Company
Internet is Not Required for Operation
MOVE SOFTWARE AND DATA TO A NEW COMPUTER
Always backup your system prior to attempting any of these processes and tasks.
Moving data can be a complex and time consuming process.
We suggest Contacting our support department to perform the data transfer.
These instructions are provided for those customers who are comfortable working with their own computers and networks.
1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your old computer.
If you do not have a monthly voice Service Plan or your software is more than 60 Days old
you may be required to purchase a new license. Failure to comply with this step may require
you to purchase a new license at full retail. Contact us first if you are unsure of your license
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data or even better 3 months or less the upgrade will process quickly. If you do not archive the upgrade to take many hours up to several days to complete depending on how many invoices are active. The Archive utility is found in the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows.
4. If you are running a Multi-Station Version of Plexis POS shut down ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
5. If running the Plexis POS Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
6. Browse to your existing Plexis POS ROOT folder on the OLD computer
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30) and COPY (do not not cut!) the entire contents
of that folder and ALL sub-folders on to backup media device of your choice.
7. Download and Install the CURRENT DEMO VERSION of Plexis POS on your NEW computer or server. When installing uncheck SAMPLE COMPANIES.
8. * Do NOT start Plexis POS at this time.
9. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy six files USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX, CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX to the Plexis POS root folder of on your NEW computer. (i.e. c:\Program Files\POS 30)
10. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy your ENTIRE COMPANY data folder on the NEW computer. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30\MYCOMPANY)
11. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit. The data transfer is now complete.
|NOTICE: If your purchase is LESS than 60 Days old you may transfer your license key off of your old system and onto the new system. There is no charge for this service within your first 60 Days of purchase. Contact our Sales Department for assistance.|
1. Service Plan customers receive unlimited Free Upgrades.
2. If your existing version is more than 60 Days old you will need to purchase a new or Help Desk Voice Service Plan license.
3. Contact us by Email to verify your license status prior to installing an upgrade.
4. Customers installing and using free upgrades do so at thier own risk.
5. Free upgrades are provided as a courtesy service only.
6. Updating or Upgrading does not include any free Help Desk Voice Service.
7. Backup your system prior to installing any upgrade.
8. Perform upgrades during our normal business hours in case of difficulty.
Downloads and Upgrades
Restaurant POS Software | Pizza POS Software | Coffee Shop POS Software
Grocery Store POS Software | Convenience Store POS Software
Retail POS Software | Liquor Store POS Software
Cafe and Deli POS Software | EBT / Snap and Food Stamp POS Software
Frequently Asked Questions
Our 30 Day Refund Policy