MOVE PLEXIS POS 3.2 TO A NEW COMPUTER
You MUST Transfer the License Key Off your Old System PRIOR to
Activating Plexis POS on a New Computer or Server (click here).
Moving data can be a complex and time consuming process.
We suggest ordering our Data Transfer Service to perform the data transfer
although instructions are provided for those customers who feel comfortable working with their own computers
and networks. Always backup your system prior to attempting any of these processes and tasks.
1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your old computer.
If your software is more than one year old you may be required to purchase
an upgrade license. Failure to comply with this step may require you to
purchase a new license at full retail. Contact us first if you are unsure
of your license status.
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete depending on how many invoices are active. The Archive utility is found in the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows.
4. If you are running a Multi-Station Version of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Multi-Station License Server and ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
5. If running the Plexis POS Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
6. Browse to your existing Plexis POS ROOT folder on the OLD computer
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30) and COPY (do not not cut!) the entire contents
of that folder and ALL sub-folders on to backup media device of your choice.
7. Download and Install the CURRENT DEMO VERSION of Plexis POS on your NEW computer or server. When installing UNCHECK Sample Companies. Do NOT attempt to start Plexis POS at this time.
8. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy six files USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX, CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX to the Plexis POS root folder of on your NEW computer.
(i.e. c:\Program Files\POS 30)
9. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy your ENTIRE COMPANY data folder on the NEW computer.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30\MYCOMPANY)
10. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit. The data transfer is now complete.
|NOTICE: If your purchase is LESS than one year old you may transfer your license key off of your old system and onto the new system. There is no charge for this service within your first year of purchase. Contact our Sales Department for assistance.|
Update / Upgrade Policy:
1. If your existing version is more than one year old you may need to purchase a new or upgrade license.
2. Contact us by eMail to verify your license status prior to installing an update or upgrade.
3. Customers installing and using free updates do so at thier own risk.
4. Free updates and upgrades are provided as a courtesy service only.
5. Updating or Upgrading does not include any free voice support.
6. Backup your system prior to installing any updates or upgrades.
7. Perform updates and upgrades during our normal business hours in case of difficulty.