1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your old computer.
If your software is more than one year old you may be required to purchase
an upgrade license. Failure to comply with this step may require you to
purchase a new license at full retail. Contact us first if you are unsure
of your license status.
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data
or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you
do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete
depending on how many invoices are active. The Archive utility is found in
the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows.
4. If you are running a Network Version of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Network License Server and
ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
5. If running the Plexis POS Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application
accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
6. Browse to your existing Plexis POS ROOT folder on the OLD computer
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30) and COPY (do not not cut!) the entire contents
of that folder and ALL sub-folders on to backup media device of your choice.
7. Download and Install the CURRENT DEMO VERSION of Plexis POS on your NEW computer or server.
When installing UNCHECK Sample Companies. Do NOT attempt to start Plexis POS at this time.
8. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy six files USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX, CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX
to the Plexis POS root folder of on your NEW computer.
(i.e. c:\Program Files\POS 30)
9. From your BACKUP MEDIA copy your ENTIRE COMPANY data folder on the NEW computer.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30\MYCOMPANY)
10. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit. The data transfer is