APPLY MINOR UPDATES TO PLEXIS POS
|Click here to see if you qualify for a Free Update|
These instuctions are intended for use within the same Plexis POS version family.|
If you need to upgrade from an earlier major version to our current version please follow
the Data Migration instructions (i.e. 2.9 to 3.x).
* Failure to follow any of these steps EXACTLY may cause the program to fail.
1. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data
or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you
do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete
depending on how many invoices are active. The Archive utility is found in
the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
2. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows. If you are running a Multi-Station Version of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Multi-Station License Server and ALL Terminals using Plexis POS. Do not allow anyone to start Plexis POS during the update / upgrade process.
3. If running the Plexis Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
4. Backup your Plexis POS system by copying the entire Plexis POS folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30) to backup media of your choice. You can use the standard Windows Backup program or simply copy the folder to a CD-ROM, USB Memory Device, Tape Drive or to a temporary folder on your Hard Drive. If you need assistance with this step you can consult a local technician in your area or you can purchase support time from us.
5. Download and run the installer, Un-Check "Sample Companies" and then click "Next".
6. Start Plexis POS, a file rebuild will occur at this time. DO NOT interrupt this process or your databases may corrupt and the system might not run.
Update / Upgrade Policy:
1. If your existing version is more than one year old you may need to purchase a new or upgrade license.
2. Contact us by eMail to verify your license status prior to installing an update or upgrade.
3. Customers installing and using free updates do so at thier own risk.
4. Free updates and upgrades are provided as a courtesy service only.
5. Updating or Upgrading does not include any free voice support.
6. Backup your system prior to installing any updates or upgrades.
7. Perform updates and upgrades during our normal business hours in case of difficulty.