|VERSION 2.9 PRODUCT UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS|
These instructions are intended for upgrading from the older Plexis POS Version 2.9 to our current version only.
Check to see if any major changes to the new version will adversely affect your business operations.
If you are unsure of the addition or removal of any functionality contact Plexis POS prior to upgrading your software.
Click HERE for important information on the changes that were made in our new version releases.
|These instructions are provided for those customers who feel comfortable working with their own computers and networks. Always backup your system prior to attempting any of these processes and tasks. Moving data can be a complex and time consuming process. We suggest ordering our Data Transfer Service to perform the data transfer.|
|If you wish to proceed with the upgrade follow these steps in EXACT order as presented below:|
1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your computer.
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete depending on how many invoices are active and the performance of your computer. The Archive utility is found in the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows. If you are running a Network Version of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Network License Server and ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
4. If you are running a Network Version of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Network License Server and ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
5. If you are running the Plexis Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
6. Download and run the installer, Un-Check "Sample Companies" and then click "Next".
7. AFTER INSTALLATION DO NOT START PLEXIS POS AT THIS TIME!
8. Browse to your older existing Plexis POS version folder.
(i.e. c:\Program Files\POS 29) then COPY (do not cut!) 6 files
USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX, CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX and Paste those 6 files into the root of the CURRENT version (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30)
9. COPY (do not cut!) the entire company folder that contains your LIVE data. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 29\MyCompany) then PASTE that entire live data folder to the root of the CURRENT version. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30\MyCompany) onto the hard drive that was just updated. Repeat this step for each company folder if you have multiple companies.
10. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit. There may have been many changes to the setup tabs and you will need to visit each and every setup tab to verify configuration of your system.
Update / Upgrade Policy:
1. If your existing version is more than one year old you may need to purchase a new or upgrade license.
2. Contact us by eMail to verify your license status prior to installing an update or upgrade.
3. Customers installing and using free updates do so at thier own risk.
4. Free updates and upgrades are provided as a courtesy service only.
5. Updating or Upgrading does not include any free voice support.
6. Backup your system prior to installing any updates or upgrades.
7. Perform updates and upgrades during our normal business hours in case of difficulty.